Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Argo in Port Adelaide

I'm learning to drive, so was in Port Adelaide one Sunday with my lovely ex, who is still kindly teaching me. All those near misses and yelling makes you hungry, so we walked around until we found Argo on Commercial Road. This place was great. I had Pilafi, which is a cooked rice, Gigantes Fournou, giant beans in a tomato, capsicum, onion and herb sauce, and Kolokythokeftedes, zucchini rissoles with fetta cheese. The Pilafi was buttery and delicious, the beans had a divine depth of flavour and I was so excited to find legumes, and well cooked tasy legumes at that, on a menu. The rissoles were tasty, but they were breadcrumbed and deep fried, and I had been expecting a lighter and fresher dish - but that's just my personal taste, I'm not a fan of fried, so if you enjoy it, you'll love these. On the day I was there, the special was Bean Soup - more legumes! - but I didn't try this one. Let me know if you do, and if so, how it was, I'm guessing pretty good based on the rest of the food. Oh, and the serves are huge.

Argo is at 45 Commercial Road, Port Adelaide, ph: 8241 2223. I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment