Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Vietnam Restaurant

This is one of my favourite Adelaide restaurants, so I was keen to check out how they catered for vegetarians. There aren't a lot of vege options, but what they have is very, very good!

I had Vegetarian Rice Hot Pot. This was divine - warm, flavoursome, hearty (but I didn't ask them whether they used any non-vege stocks or sauces like fish sauce - sorry guys, lax standards, I couldn't bear it if I didn't get to eat it! So if you're going, and you're a stronger person than me, check these things out.) The only other vege option is a Vegetarian Salad, and on the night I was there they had an entree of salt and pepper eggplant - though I'm a bit wary of deep fried eggplant, it tends to get oily, so I didn't try this one so can't know for sure. You see what I mean about limited options! The Chinese menu has more vege options, so these might be worth checking out.

Hmm...I'm going to have to go back here, there's clearly more work to be done!

Vietnam is at 73 Addison Road, Pennington, ph: 8447 3395

No comments:

Post a Comment