Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Quest Begins

The idea for this blog, which reviews vegetarian options in non-vegetarian restaurants, began when I re-vegetarianised after a 12 year hiatus and was suddenly in a land of sun-dried tomatos, single-menu choices and food that was called 'vegetarian' but wasn't. At the same time, I discovered some surprisingly good vegetarian options where I least expected. I want to share my restaurant experiences with other vegetarians out there a) so that you can benefit from my good dining experiences and avoid crap 'vegetarian' food and b) so that we can begin to use these experiences as one way of encouraging all restaurants that vegetarians are a large part of their market and should be well catered for with interesting and intelligent dishes that are actually vegetarian! The restaurants I go to aren't planned out in any way...they're just where I happen to have been and eaten. And currently they're all in Adelaide, because that's where I live, but should I travel, you'll be sure to get my reviews from there too. May all your vegie menus be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment